I’d like you to meet our Chief Sock Angel – Erin Bertel.
Now I’m not a big fan of listing accomplishments like items on a résumé, but in Erin’s case it might be the only way to do her justice. So, since last summer she has …
• Acted as coordinator and spokesperson for The Joy of Sox in North Dakota (and she may not know it yet, but we may be expanding that region),
• Organized socks drives and collections resulting in 5,000+ pair of new socks being delivered to the homeless,
• Initiated a Twitter campaign that resulted in increased awareness of the plight of the homeless and a potential connection with another charity in the UK,
• Contributed to our Facebook page in a manner that generates more likes and expands our reach (this falls under increasing awareness),
• Talked at various venues (radio, schools) about her story and The Joy of Sox,
• Convinced North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple and the state legislature to pass a proclamation/resolution about “Socks for the Homeless Day,”
• Worked on planning a national social media campaign to both raise awareness and funds,
• Initiated our #SoxSelfie campaign – more on that in a later post.
And she did all of this while being a nurse and a Mom. Oh, she also recently won the Mrs. North Dakota International pageant.
The Joy of Sox is so blessed to have super people like Erin help provide joy to the homeless by giving them new socks.